ZINGY CACAO GRANOLA
Been waking up on the wrong side of the bed recently? Usher in your morning with a boost of energy-enhancing granola goodness to help you start your day right.
We’ve teamed up with plant-based food blogger, Amy Lanza, to share her recipe for the ultimate oat granola, inspired by the nourishing and purifying ingredients in our Clear Skin Mask. Hitting zingy notes of ginger and cinnamon, offset with sweet goji berries and a cacao nib crunch – it’s granola and oat that’s set to truly float your boat.
Read on to find out how to make your very own at home.
Zingy Cacao Granola
Makes: 1 jar (570g)
Time: 30 minutes plus cooling
100g almonds, chopped
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
60g coconut oil, melted
40g maple or agave syrup
60g cacao nibs
60g goji berries
To serve: yoghurt, blackberries, other fruit
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the oats, almonds, cinnamon and ginger to a bowl and stir. Pour in the melted coconut oil and syrup and toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, stirring round every 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool fully and then stir in the cacao nibs and goji berries.
- Serve with some plant-based yoghurt, blackberries or other fruit.
Don’t forget to share your snaps with us using #LOVETROPIC if you give this recipe a try!