The best eye looks to try this festive season
From coloured liner to a classic 60s flick, they’re easier than you think!
There’s no denying that this time of year is the perfect opportunity to up the ante with your eye makeup looks. Whether you’re trying something new for festive fun at home, adding some glitter in the spirit of Christmas or swapping a bold lip for a classic smoky eye (we still want to make an impact even with a face mask in tow) ‘tis the season to get creative.
If you need some inspiration to get those creative juices flowing, we’ve got the perfect solution. From a subtle purple smoky eye to a classic 60s flick and a golden metallic number, we’ve got every base covered. Here’s how to re-create some of our favourite looks in just a few simple steps.
Pair glowy skin with this subtle, sparkly purple eye – the best thing about it is that you can dial up the drama as much or as little as you like depending on how much shimmer you apply. A true Christmas classic.
Use the fluffy end of the 3in1 Eye Brush to dust Meteor – a gorgeous shimmer shade from our Eyes On You Pressed Shadow range – across the entire eyelid area.
Use the same end of the brush to dot Eyes On You in Galaxy along the lash line, bringing the shade up into the outer corner and crease of the eyelid to add a pop of metallic colour.
- Give your eyes an extra dose of drama and definition by applying Silk Gel Liner in Ebony along the lash line. Use the angled end of the 3in1 Eye Brush to blend the liner into Galaxy for a seamless finish.
If you want to deepen the impact, apply a small amount of Eyes On You in Bamboo Charcoal over the liner using the angled end of the brush.
Take the angled end of the brush across the lower lash line to around the midpoint of the eye. The product remaining on the brush will be all you need to tie the look together.
- Use the Lash Extension Kit in Black to complete your eye look. Begin by applying a generous coating of Fixing Gel Mascara; next, apply the Extension Fibres, focusing on the tips of the lashes. Finish off with a final coat of mascara to seal the fibres in place.
This metallic look is high impact. It couples smoky bold liner with lashings of sparkly gold eyeshadow and we simply love it!
If you’d like to see how to create this look in action, click here for step by step tutorials.
- Create a base for the eyeshadow using ILLUMA light-diffusing concealer and the Flat Detailing Brush to blend.
- Blend Eyes On You in shade Cinnamon into the crease of the eye using the Eye Shadow Brush.
- Use the Flat Detailing Brush to apply Eyes On You in Nebula to the eyelid to add a pop of colour to the look.
- Blend this together with Eyes on You in Cinnamon, repeating this until you create the desired look – blend for longer if you’d like a softer definition.
- Using the 3in1 Eye Brush to define and line the eyes using Eyes On You in Bamboo Charcoal.
- Smudge Eyes On You in Cinnamon under the lash line using the Eye Shadow Brush, to open the eye up.
- Apply the Lash Extension Kit in black to make the eyes pop – firstly use the Fixing Gel Mascara, then ensure you apply the Extension Fibres while the mascara is still wet. Finish with a final coat of mascara.
If you’d like to see how to create this look in action, click here for a step by step tutorial.
Pale pink shadow mixed with an Adele-inspired eyeliner flick adds a little something extra to this look. Created by makeup artist Bryony Blake, here are eight easy steps to help you recreate it.
- Go to the Eye Shadow Brush and use the fluffy end to sweep Eyes On You Pressed Shadow in Aura across your whole eyelid. You’ll only need a small amount of this subtly shimmering pink to create a light wash of colour.
- With the fluffy end of the 3in1 Eye Brush, dot Eyes On You in Chestnut into the crease of your eye, blending the product down onto the outer corner and lash line for a subtly contoured look. Using the pointed end of the Eye Shadow Brush, take Chestnut onto your lower lash line.
- Add a pop of highlight by applying Eyes On You in Oatmeal to the inner corner of your eye, blending the product out from there with the fluffy end of the 3in1 Eye Brush.
- Use Silk Gel Liner in Ebony to carefully draw your eyeliner wing. Next, work from the middle of the upper lash line using a dot-to-dot motion until you reach the wing. Finally, go back to the inner corner and draw the line from there until it’s all joined together.
Gently draw the angled end of the 3in1 Eye Brush over the surface of the Silk Gel Liner point, then go over your eyeliner to tidy it up and create a crisp, solid line.
Take Carob on the angled end of the 3in1 Eye Brush and gently add further definition to your lower lash line.
- To complete your wide-awake eye look, use the Lash Extension Kit in Black. Start off with a light coating of Fixing Gel Mascara on your upper and lower lashes, then apply the Extension Fibres to the outer section of your upper lashes for a false-lash effect. Finally, seal the fibres in place with another coat of the mascara.
So there you have it, three stunning eye makeup looks to make your peepers pop and provide all the festive feels – enjoy!
- Understand your skin’s microbiome
- Dermatology Patients Willing to use Medical Cannabis Products
- Get the dewy skin of your dreams with 50% off Glow Recipe
- SkinCure Oncology Launches Consumer Health Education Platform on Surgery-Free Options for Treating Common Skin Cancers
- 9 Dermatologist-Approved Skin-Care Resolutions for 2022
- Acne scars
- Acne studios
- Acne treatment
- Blackheads scars
- Blog Article
- Coronavirus Disease COVID-19
- Diet & Nutrition
- Environmental Protection
- Eye Area Treatments
- Eye Health
- Family Health Center
- Health & Fitness
- Health news
- Health skin
- Health tips
- Healthy lifestyle
- Mental Health
- Skin concerns
- Skin Renewal
- United healthcare
- Weight loss