Ketchup and chips, gravy and mash, hummus and crisps… there really have been some iconic (and quite frankly irresistible) culinary couplings throughout the years. After trying this cake, however, you’ll never forget to invite your new favourite pair – raspberry and almond – to a dinner party again. Set to impress guests, sweet toothed-partners and hungry children alike, this is one for the repertoire that won’t go unnoticed.
We’ve teamed up with plant-based food blogger, Amy Lanza, to share our recipe for the tantalising treat that is her Raspberry and Almond Cake, inspired by the notoriously sumptuous ingredients in our iconic Skin Feast and Smoothing Cleanser.
Read on to find out how to make your very own at home.
Raspberry and Almond Cake Recipe
Ingredients you’ll need:
230g plain flour
80g ground almonds
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
250g plain vegan yoghurt
100g coconut or caster sugar
4 tbsp lemon juice
75ml (55g) sunflower oil
½ tsp vanilla essence
25g flaked almonds
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C. Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. In a second bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, sugar, lemon juice, sunflower oil and vanilla essence.
3. Pour the wet mix into the dry and stir to combine. Gently fold through 100g of raspberries and pour into the lined tin. Smooth over the top and press in the remaining raspberries and sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
4. Bake for 40 minutes, until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool fully and dust with icing sugar.
Don’t forget to share your snaps with us using #LOVETROPIC if you give this recipe a try!