Do the words ‘cinnamon swirl’ mean anything to you? Well, capture that image and think bigger and better – without the fiddly pastry. This plant-based cheesecake takes swirly cinnamon sweetness to a whole new level. It’s never too early to start practising your planned palate-pleasers for the festive season, and with this showstopper on the table, there’s no bake off you won’t win.
No-Bake Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake Tart Recipe
Makes: 20cm round tin
Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
Ingredients you’ll need:
For the crust:
100g walnuts (or pecans/almonds)
120g medjool dates, pitted (or dried dates work)
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
A pinch of salt
For the filling:
250g cashew nuts, soaked overnight
120ml almond milk
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
60g maple syrup
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
30g maple syrup
20g runny almond butter
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Soak the cashews in filtered water and leave overnight in a sealed container. Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes to rehydrate if needed and drain. Line and grease a 20cm round tin with parchment paper.
2. Make the base: pulse the walnuts and oats in a food processor to break them down to a fine crumble. Add in the dates, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt and blend until a sticky dough forms. It will hold together when pressed between your fingers. Pour into the lined tin and press down to form an even base layer. Place in the fridge.
3. Make the filling: drain the cashews and add to a high-speed blender with all the other ingredients and blend until really smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides as necessary. Pour the creamy filling over the base, tap gently on the surface to remove air bubbles. Smooth over the top.
4. Make the cinnamon swirl: stir together all the ingredients until smooth. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the tart and swirl with a sharp knife or cocktail stick.
5. Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight to set.
6. To serve, allow to rest for 20 minutes at room temperature before slicing. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Don’t forget to share your snaps with us using #LOVETROPIC if you give this recipe a try!