Is there anything more comforting than a gloriously gooey flapjack? Well, this little number has been given an all-year-round flair, as it brings the flavours of a tropical summer to a classic winter warming treat.
We’ve teamed up with plant-based food blogger, Amy Lanza (@nourishing.amy), to share our recipe for this coconutty concoction, inspired by the scents of summer and familiar favourites found in our relaxing Tahitian Vanilla and Coconut luxury bath foam.
Taste testing your baking skills with these flapjacks while winding down in the bath is also strongly advised.
Read on to find out how to make your very own at home.
Coconut Vanilla Flapjack Recipe
Time: 35 minutes plus cooling
Ingredients you’ll need:
100g vegan butter or margarine
50g coconut sugar
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
50g desiccated coconut
A pinch of salt
10g toasted coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a dish with baking parchment (approx. 10x20cm).
2. Add the vegan butter/margarine, coconut sugar and maple syrup to a small saucepan and gently warm over a medium heat until melted.
3. Add the oats, desiccated coconut and a pinch of salt to a mixing bowl and pour in the melted mixture with the vanilla essence. Stir to combine until evenly coated.
4. Pour into the lined dish and flatten the top with a spatula. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and crisp. Allow to cool fully on a wire rack.
5. Slice into 8 squares, drizzle over the melted chocolate and sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes. Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes until the chocolate is solid.
Don’t forget to share your snaps with us using #LOVETROPIC if you give this recipe a try!