7 Ways to Prep Your Skin for Beach Season
Warmer weather has finally arrived and you’re probably already putting away your winter clothes in favor of swimsuits, shorts, and sandals. As you start planning your summer wardrobe, put some thought into your skincare routine. Your skin’s needs change with the seasons, so it’s always a good idea to make adjustments to your skincare routine a few times a year.
As the summer sun starts to shine, there are a few things you should do to prep and protect your skin. Here are 7 ways to get your skin ready for beach season.
7 Tips to Get Your Skin Ready for Summer
After a long, tough winter your skin may not be ready for the summer sun. Winter skincare is focused on hydration and protection from harsh weather, but summer is a time to get your skin glowing. A summer skincare routine should include the basics (cleanse, tone, and hydrate) but your skin may need some intensive care to become truly summer-ready.
Here are some simple tips to get your skin summer-ready:
- Cleanse twice a day. The summer brings heat and humidity which can leave your skin looking greasy, so be sure to cleanse twice a day – ideally in the morning and evening.
- Switch to a lightweight moisturizer. In the winter months you probably used a rich cream moisturizer but in the summer it’s best to keep it light with a water-based formula.
- Always wear sunscreen. Whether you’re spending extended time outdoors or not, sunscreen is a must (use at least SPF 30).
- Avoid tanning beds and excessive sun exposure. Tanning beds and sunbathing expose your skin to harmful UV rays, so try to limit your exposure to prevent skin damage.
- Include clay masks in your skincare routine. Natural clay masks help extract impurities from the skin while also balancing your oil production to help mattify the complexion.
- Exfoliate two to three times a week. Alternate clay masks with exfoliation in your weekly skincare routine to help unclog the pores and increase skin cell turnover.
- Go easy on the makeup. Heavy layers of makeup can clog the pores and leave your skin looking greasy – opt for light layers of makeup or use a bronzer instead for a glow.
Sticking to a daily skincare routine is essential, but it’s also a good idea to keep a few basics on hand. Throw a travel Lotion Yon-Ka into your beach bag to refresh your skin throughout the day and stock up on Yon-Ka SPF 50. This high-protection sunscreen cream filters both UVA and UVB rays while delivering anti-aging protection to maintain skin hydration and prevent sunspots.
The Top 4 Yon-Ka Products for Beach Season
Everyone wants that sun-kissed look, but excessive sun exposure is bad for your skin. Fortunately, Yon-Ka Paris offers an assortment of products to help you give your skin that summer glow without risking UV damage. In addition to tanning products, you should include nourishing, hydrating, and exfoliating products in your summer skincare routine to improve your natural glow.
Here are the top Yon-Ka products to enjoy this summer:
- Lait Auto-Bronzant – Give your skin a hint of color with this hydrating, nourishing self-tanner. Enriched with hydrating fruit extracts and silky shea butter, this sunless bronzing lotion is suitable for all skin types and delivers results in 3 to 4 hours.
- Prolongateur De Bronzage – This sunless anti-stress after-sun cream is enriched with a regenerating blend of powerful ingredients to prolong your suntan and soothe the skin after sun exposure. A 2-in-1 treatment, this tan prolonger also delivers intense hydration.
- Gommage Yon-Ka – Exfoliate, clarify, hydrate, and balance the skin with this 4-in-1 hydrating gel peel. This gentle, non-irritating exfoliant is enhanced with carob and brown seaweed extracts to tighten the pores and firm the skin while delivering a healthy glow.
- Huile Delicieuse – This nourishing dry oil features a combination of sunflower, sesame, and baobab oils to nourish and beautify the skin, plus the relaxing aromatherapy of jasmine and tiare flower. Apply this lightweight, quick-absorbing oil to the skin morning and evening after cleansing, massaging it gently into the skin.
In addition to the products listed above, you may want to include Yon-Ka’s Lait Apres-Soleil in your summer skincare kit. This repairing after-sun milk soothes and hydrates sun-exposed skin, formulated with an intensive blend of vitamins and botanical extracts. It can also be used throughout the year as a hydrating body milk, applied as needed to moisturize the skin.
The post 7 Ways to Prep Your Skin for Beach Season appeared first on Yon-Ka Paris.
- Understand your skin’s microbiome
- Dermatology Patients Willing to use Medical Cannabis Products
- Get the dewy skin of your dreams with 50% off Glow Recipe
- SkinCure Oncology Launches Consumer Health Education Platform on Surgery-Free Options for Treating Common Skin Cancers
- 9 Dermatologist-Approved Skin-Care Resolutions for 2022
- Acne scars
- Acne studios
- Acne treatment
- Blackheads scars
- Blog Article
- Coronavirus Disease COVID-19
- Diet & Nutrition
- Environmental Protection
- Eye Area Treatments
- Eye Health
- Family Health Center
- Health & Fitness
- Health news
- Health skin
- Health tips
- Healthy lifestyle
- Mental Health
- Skin concerns
- Skin Renewal
- United healthcare
- Weight loss