5 Anti-Aging Benefits of Facial Massage
In the midst of a difficult year, we could all use a dose of relaxation. If you’ve already jumped on the self-care bandwagon, you’ve probably indulged in an at-home spa day or two – you may have even made it a weekly habit! If you’re looking for something new to add to your self-care spa menu, try facial massage.
Facial massage is exactly what it sounds like – a massage focused on the fascia in your face. Like any massage, the primary benefit is that it feels downright fantastic. More than that, however, facial massage can boost circulation, encourage lymphatic drainage, and even provide anti-aging benefits. What’s not to like about all that?
Whether you’re looking for a technique to incorporate into your at-home skincare routine or want to learn more about professional fascial facials, we’ve got the details. Read on to learn more!
What Is Facial Massage?
If you’ve ever had a professional massage, you can imagine what a facial massage might entail. It’s just like a body massage, only concentrated on your face. More than just running their fingers soothingly over your skin, however, your esthetician will incorporate specific massage techniques such as tapping, pinching, kneading, and stroking the skin. Different techniques provide different benefits such as relieving muscle tension, encouraging lymphatic drainage, and stimulating circulation.
Facial massage can be performed with your fingertips and palms, or you can use a tool such as a jade face roller or a luxurious massage crystal, such as our brand new My Face Massage Crystal. Gua sha, for example, is an ancient Chinese healing technique that involves scraping the skin with a massage tool to boost circulation. The benefit of using a massage tool or device is that you can apply more concentrated pressure in the areas where you need it most – some devices even improve the absorption of skincare products using vibration technology, such as our QYKSONIC Beauty Device.
The Top 5 Benefits of Facial Massage for Anti-Aging
View this post on Instagram
There’s no denying facial massage is extremely relaxing. More than simply relieving stress, however, facial massage has some serious benefits for your skin. Facial massage is particularly beneficial for anti-aging because it improves circulation which means more oxygen and nutrient-rich blood is flowing to your face. This helps increase collagen production and boosts elasticity in the skin.
Here are some of the proven benefits of facial massage:
- Boosts circulation. Facial massage is like a mini workout for your skin – it really gets the blood pumping. Boosting blood flow to your face may help deflate puffiness, detoxify the skin, and brighten your skin tone. It can also stimulate collagen production.
- Encourages lymphatic drainage. The lymphatic system plays a major role in immune health as well as detoxification. Facial lymphatic drainage through massage may help reduce puffiness and swelling, relieve skin irritation, and boost the
- Supports detoxification. Pollution, stress, and certain controversial ingredients in some personal-care products (like Phtalates, etc.) can cause toxins to accumulate in and under the skin which may contribute to breakouts, puffiness, and fine lines. Facial massage boosts blood flow and encourages lymphatic drainage to help detoxify your skin. Depending which products are used, it may also deliver a healthy dose of exfoliation.
- Improves product absorption. Everyone has their own unique skin concerns, but facial massage makes a powerful addition to any skincare regimen. When you apply product using facial massage technique it may increase absorption – especially for things like moisturizer and serum.
- Reduces muscle tension. You may not realize it, but most people hold a lot of tension in their face. When you feel tired, stressed, or overworked you tend to tense the muscles in your forehead which can speed the development of fine lines and wrinkles. Facial massage can help relieve that tension to keep your skin looking youthful and energized.
Enjoy these benefits and more with a Yon-Ka professional facial – all full-length treatments feature facial massage. An easy way to incorporate facial massage into your home care regimen is to indulge in an at-home spa day with luxurious Yon-Ka Paris skincare products.
Yon-Ka Paris Products to Pair with Facial Massage
While facial massage offers a variety of benefits on its own, you can compound those benefits by incorporating your favorite skincare products. Yon-Ka Paris offers an impressive collection of French-made, therapeutic skincare products featuring natural, plant-based ingredients that deliver age-defying results. Our sensorial skincare products support pure wellness with scientifically proven efficacy.
Here are some of the best Yon-Ka products to incorporate with facial massage, especially targeting the contours:
- Alpha Contour – Activate and accelerate cell renewal with this regenerating contour cream. This non-greasy formula hydrates the skin while smoothing away fine lines and wrinkles, softening the skin around the eyes and lips to gently buff away the visible signs of aging.
- Nutri-Contour – Eliminate the early signs of aging with this repairing contour cream. This formula features chamomile extract and hazelnut oil to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, hydrating and protecting the delicate skin around your lips and eyes.
- Phyto-Contour – This four-in-one contour cream is your most powerful defense against aging. Enliven eye contours, defeat dark circles, and eliminate puffiness for brighter, firmer, and more youthful looking skin.
- Excellence Code Contours – Fight back against the visible signs of aging with this global youth contour cream. Featuring targeted active ingredients like Persian silk tree and St. Paul’s wort, this formula fights fatigue and defeats dark circles with an immediate light-boosting effect.
- Men’s Undereye Gel – Banish puffiness and signs of fatigue with this powerful undereye gel. Suitable for all skin types and enriched with invigorating essential oils, this anti-aging treatment smooths away fine lines and wrinkles while eliminating dark undereye circles.
To learn more about facial massage, contact your local Yon-Ka Paris spa partner. If you’re not comfortable with in-person spa treatments just yet, use the Yon-Ka Skincare Advisor to be paired with the perfect products for your skin type to try at home on your next relaxing self-care spa day.
The post 5 Anti-Aging Benefits of Facial Massage appeared first on Yon-Ka Paris.